Tuesday, July 14, 2009

TRAPPED IN THE UNDERGROUND - The Train.

Suddenly all the lights on that crowded underground train went out. Then it stopped in that dark tunnel.

We waited. We expected the lights to come on again soon. But nothing happened. Then I began to smell something. Yes, I could smell smoke. So I asked myself, "Is this train on fire?" People around me then began to cry out in fear. "The train is on fire!" they cried.

Then the woman standing next to me suddenly fell on the floor. I realised she was overcome by the smoke. Then I saw flames appearing. "If something does not happen soon," I said to myself, "I will be burnt alive!"

But as I stood there in the dark in that crowded burning train, I could see no way to escape. I thought, "No-one can save me from certain death but God. Only God can make a way for any of us to escape death in this train."

I HEARD

So I cried, "God, if it is not my time to die, please help me!" Now as I spoke to God in this way, something happened. I heard a noise. It was like a door opening. It was on my right hand side. So in the dark, I at once began to push my way forward to where that noise came from.

So before the flames reached me, I found the open door and I climbed out of the train into the dark tunnel. Then as quickly as I could, I ran from the burning train down the tunnel. Now as I ran I could hear hundreds of people that were locked in that burning train, crying out for help. I knew I could do nothing to help them to escape from the burning train, so I ran on.

Then for two hours I kept walking in that dark train tunnel. At last I saw a light in the distance. "Thank God!" I cried. "God, you alone saved my life from death!" I said. I asked myself "Why did God enable me to escape death?" I decided, "God must have a purpose for saving my life. He must want me to help other people experience what He could do for them."

No comments:

Post a Comment